What do I need to do before my procedure?
- Go to the State of Michigan’s web site and read the information required by Michigan’s Informed Consent for Abortion law.You must read, print, and complete the Informed Consent ConfirmationForm and the Acknowledgment and Consent Form. These forms prove that youvisited the site and read the information required by the law. You must bring them with you to your appointment at the Women’s Center or your procedure cannot be performed.
For detailed instructions of the State of Michigan mandated information instructions, please CLICK HERE.
- Read the statement of privacy practices for the offices of Jacob Kalo, M.D.
- Print and sign the acknowledgment form that you have read the privacy practices statement. You must bring this with you at your next appointment.
- Put these forms in a safe place and bring them with you to your appointment at the Women’s Center. If you don’t bring them, your procedure will be delayed.
- Get plenty of rest and do not take anything by mouth after midnight the night before your surgery. This includes food, water, gum, candy, mints, ice, or smoking cigarettes. This will help avoid nausea and possible serious anesthesia complications.
- Do not bring any jewelry or valuables. The Women’s Center will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Payment is due at the time of service.
- On average you will spent between 30 – 45 minutes in our facility, but never more than two hours.